Wonderful post about helping a depressed spouse. This blog is devoted to those supporting a depressed loved one. Check them out!
- Most of America Would Like to Die Before Their Spouses (howaboutwe.com)
- Finding Something to talk about… (kurtisthered.wordpress.com)
- Simple Ways On How To Battle Against Depression (socialpoweredcontent.com)
- Dealing with Depression: Men Less Likely to Seek Help (scienceworldreport.com)
- Study shows men just as likely to be depressed as women (latimes.com)
Getting your spouse to discuss the possible presence of depression is no small feat. Many times when Bern and I have led groups or offered presentations, the most difficult question to tackle is “How do I get my husband to even hear me?” And yes, it is almost always a woman asking about her husband, rather than the other way around.
This past week when we met with the support group we lead, a new friend joined us. And she asked the big question. She was considering the fact that her husband was self-medicating with alcohol, that fact that he has a family history of bipolar disorder, the fact that his sleep regimen is a complete wreck…over all, she was adding two and two and coming up with a “four” that made her feel very concerned. Combine all this with the fact that her husband refuses to see any kind…
View original post 148 more words